BLACK SEEDS – THE CURE ALL?
Nigella Sativa also known as powdered black seeds(BS) has been known since the 7th century AD as the “cure to all diseases except death”. BS is one of the most mysterious and intriguing natural phenoms that I’ve ever encountered. It’s only by chance that I discovered this incredible Godsend, as a friend of mine was informed of the BS by someone she barely knew. At the time I was not aware of it, but my discovery of BS was about to start a new chapter of health and vibrancy in my life. I eventually bought the seeds from a local health food store and put it in my cupboard for a few weeks before I decided to research it on the internet. When I finally started to google BS I couldn’t believe what I was reading, the medical research, the acclaimed cures and the benefits of using this oil were unbelievable.
So what are some of the phytochemicals BS its super curative powers? Thymoquinone, hypothymoquinone, and thymol. From these three birthed these elixir like properties: Analgesic, Antibacterial, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-ulcer, Anti-cholinergic, Anti-fungal, Anti-hypertensive, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic, Antiviral, Immune system booster, and metabolism booster.
Here are a few of BS’s benefits as documented by the US National Library of Medical Research.
- Cancer – BS is reputed to help prevent and treat cancer through a variety of mechanisms: Anti-proliferation, Apoptosis, Cell cycle arrest, Anti-metastasis, and Anti-angiogenesis. I’ve read many testimonials on forums and reviews on Amazon where people have proclaimed to have been cured from brain to prostate cancer by BS.
- Heart disease – Rich with unsaturated omega 6/9 fatty acids and phytosterols, BS helps fortify and increase the elasticity of blood vessel walls. It also decreases capillary fragility and permeability while also preventing thrombus formation and decreasing arterial pressure. It also decreases blood cholesterol by preventing the formation of atherosclerotic plaque, as well as preventing inflammatory elements in the cardiovascular system.
- Diabetes – According to researchers from the Indian Council of Medical Research BS causes gradual partial regeneration of pancreatic beta-cells, increases the lowered serum insulin concentrations and decreases the elevated serum glucose. This is quite interesting because BS is one of the few natural plant derivatives that is acclaimed to help prevent type 1 and 2 diabetes.
- Weight Loss – BS is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent that is reputed to help people lose excess weight much in the same way that it helps diabetics. Specifically by decreasing weight gain triggers such as Appetite Glucose, Liver gluconeogenesis, Blood glucose levels, and Cholesterol Triglycerides.
- HIV– According to the African Journal of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicine, an HIV patient went into complete remission after powdered black seed(not the oil extract) treatment. The patient was treated with black seeds for a period of six months, after which there was no detectable HIV virus or antibodies in his bloodstream.
- Hair & Skin – Incredibly BS helps to restore hair loss, but It’s not quite understood why it happens. Iranian researchers have found BS as effective as the skin cream Betamethasone in improving quality of life and decreasing the severity of hand eczema.
- Anti-bacterial – In 1997 researchers at the Department of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka Bangladesh conducted a study in which the antibacterial activity of BS was compared with five antibiotics ampicillin, tetracycline, cotrimoxazole, gentamicin, and nalidixic acid. BS proved to be more effective against many strains of bacteria including those known to be highly resistant to drugs.